After undergoing gum disease treatment, it is essential to be vigilant about any emergent situations that warrant immediate medical attention.
Contact your periodontist or seek emergency assistance if you experience the following:
● Excessive bleeding from the gums that does not subside.
● Swelling of the face, jaw, or neck that rapidly worsens.
● Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
● Experience signs of allergic reactions, lips, cheeks, tongue, or throat swelling, difficulty breathing, or hives.
● If you experience uncontrolled pain that does not improve with prescribed pain medication
● If you develop a high fever or feel a sudden increase in body temperature or develop a high fever.
● Seek emergency care if you notice signs of a severe infection, such as spreading redness, warmth, or a foul odor from the treatment area.
In these cases, it is crucial to seek immediate medical attention to address any potential complications or emergencies that may arise after gum disease treatment.